Founded in 1992 and affiliated to the Ministry of Environmental Protection, Appraisal Center for Environment and Engineering (ACEE) is a major technical support institution in the field of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the Ministry of Environmental Protection, P.R.China.
• To review the Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) of development plans and construction projects;
• To conduct the environmental evaluation of significant economic policies and plans and to raise suggestions;
• To research into EIA policies and methodologies and to organize the formulation of EIA technical guidelines;
• To research into EIA information management and environmental modeling;
• To undertake qualification management of EIA institutions and practitioners, and to organize trainings and continuing education for EIA practitioners;
• To conduct the EIA follow-up inspection of construction projects with significant ecological impacts.
As the Secretariat of China Association for Environmental Impact Assessment established in January 2012, ACEE also performs the day-to-day management of China Association for Environmental Impact Assessment. An Expert Datebank comprising of 645 experts provide ACEE with expertise on various issues and an Advisory committee was also established.